Our successful client has an immediate opening for an Embedded Software Engineer to perform a number of duties in the field of medical device product design and development. Ideally, you should have at least 3-5 years of industry experience in embedded firmware development.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Implementation of microcontroller firmware that will be applied to the control of medical devices. These controllers will accept various sensor inputs and control various outputs (e.g. motors, LEDs, etc.).
- System integration of various analog and digital sensors/controllers/actuators to prototype various devices and conduct product evaluation trials.
- Develop embedded devices such as data loggers to obtain research data in addition to executing control algorithm implementation and actuator control systems.
- Create and manage software requirements and documentation including defect tracking
- Rapid prototyping of concepts for feasibility studies
- Hands on building and testing of prototype systems
The Ideal Candidate Has Knowledge Of/Experience With:
- Embedded Systems design including: Firmware development for Microcontroller technologies (ARM Cortex-M, megaAVR, PIC, MSP430); Digital bus communication protocols (e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, RS232); Real-time analog and digital signal acquisition and processing; Power management and deployment on portable, battery-powered systems; Data logging and working with file systems
- Software requirements creation, documentation, testing
- Software Versioning tools (e.g. GIT, SVN or similar)
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously
Ideal Software Skills: LabVIEW, MATLAB, MS Office
Ideal Programming Languages: C, C++
- Embedded real-time operating systems or bare-metal
- Wireless communication including Bluetooth LE
- Embedded electronics hardware design
- Digital to Analog signal conversion and working with various sensor technologies
- Mechatronics expertise, motor drive and other actuator control systems
- Data Acquisition and control with LabVIEW
- Scripting experience with MATLAB
- Mobile Application Development (e.g. Android, iOS)
- Medical device experience including Human subject data logging privacy (including HIPAA confidentiality)
- Biological signal acquisition and processing (especially EMG)
- Prior work in a rehabilitation engineering field