Staffing for Engineering Support Positions
Finding the right engineering talent for critical direct-hire roles or short-term projects can be a daunting task, especially when time is limited. Here at TRIAD we have the expertise and local network of engineering professionals needed to quickly identify the best talent for your needs.
A Sample of the Engineering Support Positions We Staff
At TRIAD, we recognize that talented technicians are critical to the success of your R&D team.
Our mechanical technicians have a wide variety of experience assisting engineers by:
- Building or setting-up equipment
- Conducting tests, collecting data, calculating or recording results
- Troubleshooting, debugging
- Making prototype versions of newly designed products
TRIAD’s electronic technicians are proficient with the full range of tools including: voltmeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, power supplies, logic analyzers, signal generators, pulse generators, frequency counters, and test probes.
They will work with your electrical engineers to:
- Test and troubleshoot prototype circuits to the component level
- Solder, perform PCB rework
Consider TRIAD’s network of electro-mechanical technicians when your R&D needs span both the mechanical and electronic disciplines.
These technicians may:
- Build cable assemblies and wire harnesses
- Perform assembly of electronic hardware, cabinets and enclosures
- Assist engineers in the production of prototype assemblies
- Perform thru-hole and point-to-point soldering, electro-mechanical assembly, fabrication and testing
- Use a wide variety of test and measurement devices
TRIAD can help when you need experienced engineers or technicians to work on-site with your customers. We know that having the right field service staff is important – they represent your firm in a customer support role and play a major role in determining overall customer satisfaction.
While at your client’s facility, these field service professionals may provide services to include demonstration, installation, operation, maintenance and training for your equipment. Our field service engineers and technicians have experience with equipment including: semiconductor, packaging, industrial HVAC, wastewater, processing, conveyor systems, medical equipment, and many others.
TRIAD’s network of quality professionals includes inspectors and technicians who specialize in industries ranging from medical device to automotive.
These individuals work to ensure your product meets the highest quality requirements, and may:
- Perform inspection (first article, in-process, final)
- Calibrate equipment
- Provide documentation
- Participate in MRB
Quality inspectors and technicians are proficient with the full range of equipment including: micrometers, calipers, verniers, optical comparators, CMM, TESA, ohmmeters, and voltmeters.
Technical Buyers / Planners
TRIAD’s resources include professionals in the technical buying / planning field. Today, with most firms closely watching the bottom line while maintaining a keen eye on quality and dependability, a strong buying / planning team is more important than ever.
Our technical buyers / planners have experience:
- Analyzing purchase requisitions
- Developing and investigating sources of supply
- Issuing requests for quotation
- Conducting vendor negotiations
- Evaluating supplier performance
- Negotiating price changes
- Issuing purchase orders
- Organizing purchase orders and delivery schedules
- Using logistics software systems
- Forecasting needs
TRIAD can provide documentation specialists with experience in manufacturing, quality, engineering and product development environments.
These professionals have expertise in:
- Developing and maintaining company documentation/drawing standards including CAD libraries and standard drawing package requirements
- Structuring Bills of Materials, developing record retention programs and maintaining databases to monitor product revision control
- Managing all aspects of the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process
- Creating and maintaining Part Number structures
- Managing Approved Vendor List (AVL) Change Process and Part Number Request Process
- Writing ECNs
- Maintaining ISO documentation systems
- Software experience includes: SAP, AGILE, FileMaker Pro, ASK Manman
TRIAD places designers and drafters to support mechanical engineers, civil / structural engineers and architects in tasks ranging from creating conceptual level designs to making minor changes to drawings. Our designers and drafters work on projects involving consumer products, medical devices, equipment, machinery, packaging, pharmaceutical facilities, educational buildings, commercial facilities, residential sub-divisions, power plants, waste water treatment plants, roadways, bridges, etc.
They are proficient in CAD software including:
- AutoDesk Revit
- AutoDesk CIVIL 3D
- AutoDesk Inventor
These professionals may:
- Design mechanical devices
- Design, detail, document, guide build, and release to manufacturing, manual and semi-automatic assembly equipment
- Create assemblies, sub-assemblies & detail drawings of machine parts
- Design high speed machinery and systems
- Perform structural layout and detailing of commercial / residential / industrial structures
- Design/draft site plans, subdivision layout and utilities, and topographic maps
- Perform land / site surveys
- Conduct site visits / field inspection
- Create designs (including 3D rendering) and construction documents, or providing drafting support for existing designs.