Application / Inside Sales Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, the leading manufacturer in their niche industry, is seeking an Inside Sales and Application Engineer to serve as the technical product expert in support of its original equipment manufacturing (OEM) partners. This person will assist with incorporating our client’s energy recovery products into OEM product designs and will provide consultative engineering support for various customer segments.
Responsibilities will include:
• Report directly to the VP of Sales.
• Consult with key customers which are manufacturing companies that utilize our client’s component in their end use products.
• Educate customers on the technical value proposition of our client’s products in order to create competitive advantage within the Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) market.
• Provide application / design support on how to best use energy recovery components, to a wide range of customers that include product development managers, sales reps, mechanical engineers and / or owners.
• Keeps manager informed of sales progress and changes of different accounts.
• Maintain pricing and parts databases.
• Back up sales administration and service support, on an as needed basis.
• Capable of working in a team environment to take on new responsibilities as proficiency and skills develop.
• Develop and maintains a network of customer contacts, and their interaction with the company using CRM / ERP systems.
• Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff across different functional groups that include marketing, purchasing, manufacture planning and engineering.
• Attends and presents at trade show on various applications of energy recovery components.
• Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• 2-5 years experience in HVAC industry with emphasis on technical sales
• Familiar with HVAC rep networks and commercial HVAC systems
• Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse background of people.
• Familiar with PowerPoint/Excel/Word and other Microsoft Office products.
• Willing to travel.
• Excellent public speaking skills.