Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our busy client is seeking an AutoCAD Detailer to join their team! This is a great opportunity for a person with AutoCAD abilities who is looking to grow their career. Responsibilities will include detailing projects with supervision and providing concise, accurate and complete descriptions of all related products for fabrication, delivery, installation and invoicing in the most efficient manner possible. The right candidate will attend a very thorough training period where they will learn how to develop a working relationship with customers as well as strengthen existing AutoCAD skills that are relevant to the product. This position would be ideal for someone with AutoCAD knowledge and who is interested in entering a growing industry.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Develop working knowledge of AutoCAD and the basics of the detailing system
• Review and verify date of contract documents received and compare against the date on proposal/estimate
• Detail simple projects with little or no assistance
• Submit placing drawings for approval and make sure they conform to shop requirements
• Process change orders to maximize all possible returns
• Maintain all deliveries for fabrication
• Work with Detailing Manager to ensure that all specialty items are pre-ordered to maintain construction schedules.
• Participate in weekly meetings to discuss safety, innovative ideas, workloads, availability, issues and problems of the week for all to learn and share.
• Identify and develop information required to inform customer of any changes to the contract, including the completion of the change order form
• Follow one or more projects from estimate though detailing and fabrication to installation at the job site.
• Vocational certificate (or are currently enrolled) in CAD design/drafting or related degree issued from an accredited school or college
• At least six months experience using AutoCAD and Windows based software
• Able to read architectural/engineering blueprints