Automation Design Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client develops and integrates their advanced technology into critical aerospace, semiconductor, medical, defense, and industrial applications. They are currently seeking an Automation Design Engineer to design mechanical systems to support automation solutions to enhance their manufacturing processes. This role requires experience in design and development of equipment as well as the ability to interface with the Operations and Manufacturing Engineers to identify needs and opportunities to maximize production efficiency via automation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Primary responsibility will be to design, develop, implement and test mechanical components and equipment to support our client’s manufacturing automation solutions in the welding and mechanical assembly processes.
• Develop reliable, efficient mechanical designs for precision custom automated equipment.
• Organize, document, and present technical design reviews with minimal assistance.
• Prepare design, assembly, and documentation utilizing GD&T tolerancing.
• Coordinate machining activities internally and externally to construct your designs.
• Assist in the preparation of detailed technical specifications and statements of work for approval to procure critical equipment which will be used for new or improved existing manufacturing equipment/systems.
• Provide technical support to the purchasing department to locate and develop an effective supplier base for capital equipment. Also provide technical support to assure the new capital equipment system or components of the system is procured and installed on-time and the equipment meets all technical requirements.
• Work closely with and support the Manufacturing Engineering Team with implementation and training of all new equipment.
• Provide technical support to Design and Project Engineering for new product and tooling designs.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with design of equipment and fixtures
• BS in Engineering or equivalent
• Strong knowledge and experience with engineering principles and procedures that apply to machine design, part handling, robotic end-of-arm-tool design, semi-automated work cell layout, robotic work cell layout, process flow, operator ergonomics, and machine aesthetics
• Proficient in the use of SolidWorks to generate 3D solid model designs from concept to release to fabrication
• Familiarity with industry policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance
• Experience in machining, cutting, and grinding of metals and polymers
• Candidate should be proficient in ANSI/ASME and GD&T standards
• Relevant experience in: Design for manufacturing; Design for automation; Machine tools; Precision tooling; Special purpose machinery; Industrial robots; Industrial machine control systems