Buyer – Manufacturing
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our client is seeking a Buyer to oversee activities relating to the planning and procurement of materials, parts and equipment for the company and assist in the scheduling of production and levels of inventory. In this role you will engage directly with key suppliers to manage relationships, maintain highest quality, and best costs.
The Buyer will provide purchasing and production support in line with the needs and goals of the company and its customers. Will primarily support shop order release schedules, including capital expenditures and all other purchases and general factory requisitions. This role involves full ownership of the purchasing process – from requisition to delivery with the appropriate levels of interaction and oversight to ensure all customer goals are met.
Responsibilities will include:
• Process quoting activities for all products and services required in the support of Engineering, Production, and facility needs. Analyze results for best overall selection.
• Recommend purchase orders for standard blanket order materials.
• Develop and process purchase orders accordingly. Distribute POs, confirm compliance and acceptance to all aspects; pricing, delivery, specifications, etc.
• Process receipts of all purchase orders, verifying compliance to the requirements of that purchase order. Verify heat and coil numbers, and receive accordingly. Submit MTRs and other documentation.
• Review and resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and product received.
• Coordinate the return and credit for rejected product.
• Review and resolve discrepancies between quotes, purchase orders and supplier invoices.
• Review each Sales Order for specified shipping requirements, both domestic and foreign. Coordinate with approved transportation carriers to fulfill shipment requirements. Develop shipping documents as necessary. For export shipments, complete all specialized customs documents required.
• Coordinate the quoting of material scrap, and generate Sales Order for processing.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; procurement experience.
• Previous experience purchasing and planning in a manufacturing environment.
• Metal fabrication knowledge.
• Strong work ethic & willingness to learn.
• Adaptability and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong organization and communication skills are a must.
• Ability to analyze performance of the supply chain and production and provide feedback to management.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and the desire to work in a diverse team are key.
• Must demonstrate good attention to detail, and be able to communicate effectively across all company levels.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft office and experience working with ERP systems.
• Strong customer service and analytical skills.