Chief Dam Safety Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Chief Dam Safety Engineer to be responsible for all Dam Safety related activities and communications with the FERC for dam safety related items for our client’s fleet. In this role you will also be responsible to support the Maintenance and Capital Improvements that impact dam safety. Additionally, this position will lead a team of dam safety professionals and ensure that all aspects of the Owner’s Dam Safety Program are completed on time and in a quality manner.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with FERC and all other key stakeholders
• Manage the Owner’s Dam Safety Program; to include Part 12 Inspections, routine Dam Inspections, and Development of Dam Safety Procedures.
• Manage our client’s relationship with FERC and other third party engineering services in conjunction with the Owner’s Dam Safety Program, regulatory issues and the Capex Plan.
• Manage the yearly and 5-year OPEX and CAPEX budgets for the Dam Safety Department
• Manage the Dam Safety Department, and contractors when required, to ensure proper work flow and compliance of required regulations
• Work to ensure that all Facilities have complete DSSMPs in accordance with the FERC requirements and that all necessary inspections are performed as scheduled.
• Review DSSMP inspection results and ensure that comprehensive DSSMRs are develop, reviewed and submitted in accordance with the FERC requirements.
• Coordinate the Dam Safety response to any real-time dam safety events, including EAP activations
• Bachelor’s Degree with Professional Civil Engineering License (or related discipline PE) required
• 7 to 10 years of experience related to Hydro power plant maintenance including emphasis on Dam Safety.
• 5+ years of prior experience dealing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
• Prior personnel management experience preferred
• Must be a self-starter and able to manage work load and have the flexibility to change as conditions change without day to day oversight or management
• Detailed knowledge of the Hydro technology and energy generation business.
• Proven experience in achieving continuous improvement through project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret legal documents and agreements.
• 20% travel required
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and Power Point
• Valid state Driver’s License