Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well established client that makes systems used in laboratories, biotechnology companies and hospitals worldwide has an immediate need for a Controls Engineer with a desire to be involved in all stages of the product development life cycle and where they get to ‘wear many hats’. The ideal candidate will be familiar with industrial control systems, ladder logic, touch-screen HMI development, and PLCs as well as provide troubleshooting and technical support to in-house manufacturing, customers and field service technicians. Responsibilities will include developing and executing plans for new product improvement, new feature integration, bug fixes/patches and cost reduction. Additionally, the Controls Engineer will perform the root cause investigation and testing of failed or returned components, create and update existing electrical schematics and also update and maintain manuals and technical documentation. Familiarity with Allen-Bradley and Mitsubishi development tools is preferred.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess strong problem solving skills, self-motivated and intellectually curious, and have a high attention to detail. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who in looking for a challenging and satisfying position who also wants to make to impactful contributions to their team. Please get in touch if you meet these key qualifications, have 5+ years of PLC experience and live in the Greater Boston/Southern New Hampshire areas.
• Engineering degree strongly preferred. Equivalent relevant work experience will be considered.
• Design, assemble, wire prototypes and test setups
• Assist with part selection, testing, qualification and vendor approval for related controls hardware
• Support of existing PLC-based control systems, including data logging, HMIs, sensors and other packaged electronics
• Provide validation testing and support for any software modifications and/or design revisions
• Provide hands on training as need to teach in-house manufacturing personnel
• Working knowledge of common industrial electronics such as relays, contactors, breakers, fuses, motors, wiring, switches, temperature sensors, power supplies, and cabling/connectors/plugs/wiring.
• Familiarity with codes such as NFPA 70 and UL 508
• Experience and interest in LEAN and CI
• Experience with FAT/IQ/OQ/PQ procedures and documentation
• Experience with Process FMEA
• Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems