Customer Service Representative – Chemical Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Representative with a chemical engineering or chemistry background to provide friendly, effective, and efficient customer service by utilizing in-depth knowledge of company products and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
• Order management and general administrative functions – order entry, expediting, filing, tracking, etc.
• Communicates with distributors and customers by phone and email.
• Responds to product inquiries from domestic and international distributors and customers.
• Assists distributors and customers to ensure proper selection and installation of products.
• Prepares detailed quotations for distributors and customers.
• Coordinate customer and distributor activities with Sales Managers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
• Prepares detailed repair evaluations and failure analysis. Consults with customer and repair technician for effective resolutions.
• Provides inside sales support
• Provides phone and email technical support for pumps, controllers, and sensors.
• Acts as a resource of technical information for customers, distributors, Sales Managers, and Customer Service Reps on products, applications, and competitors.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science field (chemistry or chemical engineering preferred).
• 1+ years’ experience in a Customer Service role ideal
• Good listening/troubleshooting skills
• Ability to patiently defuse and resolve customer complaints
• Time Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Team player – can effectively interact with internal departments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical aptitude
• Strong computer skills: Fast, accurate data entry; Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work well with little supervision
• Detail oriented
• Pump/Instrument experience a plus