Director of Engineering
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well-established and rapidly growing client is seeking a Director of Engineering. In this role you will be a hands-on leader of a team of engineers who design equipment and systems that are used to manufacture new and innovative products.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with both external and internal customers to fully understand their needs.
• Develop technical solutions to fill those needs.
• Manage the design, production, installation, and documentation of those solutions.
• Conduct design reviews to improve function and reduce cost.
• Travel to customers’ facilities, as required.
• Reports to the Vice President Engineering.
• Manages four Mechanical Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and 10+ years of experience creating new machines.
• Willing and able to travel as required.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, and sheet metal fabrication.
• In-depth understanding of machine components such as motors, gearboxes, pneumatic cylinders, bearings, and knows what to use based on equipment requirements.
• Able to analyze and design load bearing support structures.
• Experience with SolidWorks for creating assemblies, parts, and detail drawings.
• Able to lead and motivate engineers.
• Able to develop and execute plans.
• Able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical people.