Director of Engineering
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our innovative client in the medical device industry is seeking a seasoned Director of Engineering to lead, direct, and manage all aspects of the Engineering and Service departments within the company. The selected candidate will work closely with the Director of Operations to achieve effective, efficient, and sustainable product designs that reflect current manufacturing processes as well as identify, plan and budget the support of new processes and equipment required to successfully develop new strategic products within available resources.
The Director of Engineering will supervise a multi-disciplined engineering team and be responsible for managing all hardware, software, and firmware designs. They will lead all configuration efforts for R&D, system prototyping, first-article production products, and planned system improvements in conjunction with maintaining compliance with FCC and other required government agencies. They will coordinate with the Director of Operations to identify and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement strategies while leading all internal and external technical efforts for the company, including successful transition to manufacturing and production. The Director of Engineering will act as the primary technical advisor to the executive management, marketing and sales team. They will monitor all modifications, cost and quality improvements, DFMA techniques, and design re-direction, as required and within manufacturing processes, to ensure that the products meet industry standards, market demands, customer requirements and expectations.
This is a rewarding role with a lot of responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, an advanced degree in preferred, and have 15+ years of engineering and technical management experience in RF communications, system design, and multi-disciplined engineering processes. Knowledge of wireless tracking devices would be a plus. If you meet these qualifications and are interested in joining a established team developing essential security products this may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
Additional Essential Responsibilities and Experience:
• Must have established credentials as an engineering manager and/or technical project leader with significant supervisory experience.
• Must be proficient in program management techniques, engineering cost estimation, and technical project scheduling.
• Knowledge of PADS, Orcad, Visio, and/or AutoCAD/SolidWorks preferred.
• Technically and administratively oversee the Service department
• Oversee the Return Authorization process to ensure that returns and repairs are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Support Quality Management System
• Ensure that product development time tables are met and the engineering log books are kept current.
• Some travel may be required for technical support