Director of Engineering
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is an exciting spinoff from a well-established firm. They have an immediate need for a Director of Engineering to assume overall responsibility for the strategic design and development of the company’s industrial sensing products. This role will be supported by a staff of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering resources to allow for the development of multiple projects in parallel. In this role you will work in collaboration with Product Development and IT teammates to provide solutions that meet the company’s roadmap, vision, and customer requirements.
Responsibilities will Include:
• Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying and preforming the research needed to obtain market and strategic information.
• Able to manage engineering development teams both domestic and abroad
• Responsible for strategic development and execution of the product development pipeline.
• Defines the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing and creating specifications.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
• Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by visiting with customers; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• 7+ years engineering and/or industrial product background required.
• Excellent communication skills, collaborative, creative.
• Takes a hands-on approach, but also provides space for direct reports to grow
• Experience with sensors, wireless electronics, and IoT architectures.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong research and development background with a focus on timely delivery and on budget