Director of New Business Development
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking an experienced New Business Development Leader to join their team in Rhode Island as they continue to take their company to new levels. The selected individual will be responsible for all new business development, focusing on the high mix, low-medium volume, high complexity domestic marketplace and will build the market position by defining, locating, developing, negotiating, and closing business relationships. The successful candidate will actively participate in the generation of new business while using market data, to identify industry and customer specific trends as well as develop strategic and tactical business development plans that result in opportunities at qualified prospective accounts.
To be considered for this role candidates should have at least 5 years of experience applying consultative selling techniques to the sale of manufactured products within a complex business environment and hold a Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical discipline. If you have a demonstrated, proven track record as a high performer within your existing business development organization and are ready to step into a Director level position, this is the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will include:
• Primary responsibilities are focused on winning new strategic business opportunities
• Screen potential prospects by analyzing the alignment of the company’s services with prospect requirements, competitive landscapes, total available markets, and financial viability
• Determine the competitive landscape at target accounts, develop unique value propositions, pricing strategy, quotation and proposal presentation while also delivering proposals and negotiating with customers
• Gather and communicate intelligence on prime competitors, assess the company’s relative competitive position and present strategies to strengthen that position
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations
• Participate in the development of annual revenue/profitability forecasts and assume accountability for published sales and key performance metrics including revenue, margins, market penetration, account/industry dependency and mix and customer satisfaction
• Participate in the development of the sales pipeline report, including tracking and performance measurements
• Present key performance metrics at quarterly business reviews to upper management, including actions to mitigate shortfalls where applicable
• When appropriate, hire and manage a sales force that may consist of independent sales representatives and/or factory direct personnel
• Experience selling to medical, high end industrial, energy and military/aero markets is a plus.