Director of Technical Service
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our well-established and rapidly growing client is seeking a Director of Technical Service to serve the firm with deep technical knowledge about the equipment they sell and support. This expertise includes the components of this equipment, the standards of its construction, the certifications used in the industry in North America and in the countries in which it is built, how it works and how to repair it, and how it’s used in customers’ facilities.
Responsibilities for the Director of Technical Service will include:
• Studying the machines and their manuals
• Studying the components of the machines and their manuals
• Learning from the suppliers of the machines
• Helping to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix problems with the design, construction, and function of the machines
• Visiting customers to help them and our client’s technicians
• Visiting suppliers to learn, to help fix problems, and to develop and improve machines
• Keeping track of recurring issues and providing the Product Manager for each Brand with a detailed, and up-to-date list of these issues
• Providing information and solutions to questions of safety and about certification standards
• Understanding the systems to track machines and parts and the work that is done to sell and service them
• Making sure that we have the parts and expertise needed to support the machines at customer sites
• Staff the service organization to support the company’s philosophy of having the best and most reliable service in the industry.
• Hire, retain and mentor professional service technicians who can contribute to the growth of the company. Make sure they have all of the necessary tools to do the job including remote access to technical data on our client’s internal system. Make sure they know how to use the tools
• Implement appropriate training programs to ensure that our client’s service team can respond to customers’ needs. Compile and regularly update the technical database.
• Identify and implement the systems required in order to keep the firm informed of customer problems, outstanding service work and technician’s movements.
• Be aware of all serial problems on machines and work with suppliers to correct the issues.
• Develop individual maintenance programs for larger customers when required. Work with the sales group to identify the needs of larger customers to ensure the firm has complete solutions for ongoing support of those customers. Participate in presentations to customers where required.
• Ensure the firm’s internal customer service group is appropriately staffed and trained to best serve customers.
• Participate in management meetings when required.
Background profile for the Director of Technical Service:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Electrical or Mechanical
• 10+ years of experience in plant engineering or related field
• Three Phase Electrical
• PLC’s with Ladder logic experience
• Must be able to read and interpret Electrical/Mechanical prints and drawings
• Solid experience and understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and motor control circuitry
• Conflict Management