Electrical and Controls Engineering Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client has an immediate opening for an Electrical and Controls Engineering Manager. In this role you will be a hands-on leader of a team of engineers who design the electrical and control systems for equipment used to manufacture new and innovative products. You will be interfacing directly with customers, travelling to their facilities, and designing solutions to meet their needs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with sales and customers to define project requirements and develop solutions within a team based environment.
• Travel to customer facilities to assess requirements, install equipment, and to troubleshoot problems.
• Manage engineering activities from the onset to the field implementation at customer facilities.
• Select all electrical components including motors, controllers, drives, and sensors to meet performance requirements.
• Determine how to electrically integrate our client’s equipment into customer’s manufacturing lines including power requirements, digital signal handshakes, Ethernet interconnects, and PLC programming.
• Define department electrical and controls standards.
• Generate required documentation including electrical drawings, manuals, and procedures.
• Work with purchasing and suppliers to make sure parts and assemblies are ordered and delivered on time.
• Train our technicians and customers on the electrical and controls systems of our equipment.
• Learn and understand how our supplier’s equipment control system works.
• Minimum of 10 years of machine design experience.
• A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
• Able to lead and motivate engineers.
• Able to schedule and plan projects.
• Knowledge of motor controls and pneumatic systems.
• Experience with specifying and programming PLC’s (Allen Bradly Preferred), AC and DC motor controllers, servo controllers, safety devices, sensors.
• Experience creating electrical drawings with AutoCAD.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
• Previous experience with an industrial equipment manufacturer is highly desirable.