Electrical Engineer – Machinery
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking an electrical engineer for their facility in NH to support current product improvements and future product introductions by creating or revising the electrical schematics, control panel layouts, wire harnesses, controls systems, PIDs and programming for their product line. This position will work with the design and lab teams to document and test all product updates according to appropriate codes and test procedures, evaluate changes made and make sure they meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities will include:
• Meet with internal customers to understand project scope.
• Understand and document the sequence of operations that define proper operation of a product and recommend updates and improvements.
• Review, understand and apply required standards for the product.
• Create harnessing and control panel layouts for products up to 600VAC.
• Complete programming of PLCs and other control systems using various programming languages.
• Update and validate control system PID settings to improve product performance in field applications.
• Work within a team environment to solve issues and concerns.
• Work independently to solve problems and address concerns with little supervision.
• Lead a team from issue identification through resolution and release to production.
• Develop and follow through on test plans from creation to data review and final report generation.
• Guide others through the design and testing of new products and product enhancements.
• Collaborate with and support the Sustaining Team Leader and Project Engineers as required.
• Create project schedules to outline desired goals and expected completion dates.
• Presentation of project findings in cross functional meetings to a broad audience.
• Use SolidWorks to review design and drawings updates.
• Review and approve design and documentation packages created by the design group.
• Review control system capabilities and the interaction required to interface with Building Automation Systems (BAS) to implement improvements.
Electrical Engineer background profile:
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years experience with the use and maintenance of up to 600 VAC, 3 phase systems in appliances and buildings.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office and related PC-based tools
• Project management experience running product development/improvement projects
• Basic SolidWorks skills to be used when reviewing models and assemblies
• Familiarity with mechanical assemblies and proper techniques used for assembly preferred
• Familiarity with heat transfer, water flow and pressure drop principles preferred
• Familiarity with FEA: static, dynamic and fluid flow preferred