Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking an Engineering Director to serve as the interface between the Engineering Leads, and executive leaders to ensure proper skill mix to support program activities. In this role you will lead multi-disciplined technical projects and manage daily activities of cross-functional teams toward the successful execution of assigned projects. The successful candidate will: be able to articulate concepts and ideas from technical staff to program staff; possess good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others across disciplines; be familiar with engineering development processes and operations qualification processes; and be able to make decisions that have an impact on program costs and schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and manage the daily activities of a cross-functional team for successful execution of assigned projects
• Estimate Project cost and develop, maintain and publish a Project budget
• Establish baseline time, cost and performance objectives to meet overall program scope
• Create and control program documentation such as program plans, tollgate authorizations, decision records, etc.
• Ensure program and product requirements are established and controlled consistent with established processes
• Understand program life-cycles, manage efforts through the various program phases
• Make sound/data-driven decisions to ensure program cost, schedule and performance targets are met
• Plan and develop the scope of an individual project or individual projects
• Develop and maintain a Project-level implementation schedule and provide a Project-level communications plan
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• BS or MS in Engineering discipline
• 8+ years’ experience in Project Management and small group management
• Experience interfacing directly with customers
• Excellent verbal, written and organization skills
• Experience in managing projects which also use outside resources; i.e. contract manufacturers, design houses, etc.
• Experience successfully developing and managing projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Experience in developing risk management and mitigation plans
• Able to manage multiple efforts simultaneously and give direction to the program team
• Experience managing project teams including hardware, software and mechanical.
• Experience in taking projects from development into production
• Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
• Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
• Takes ownership and responsibility for current and/or past work projects