Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our client is a global leader in their field. They are currently seeking a hands-on Engineering Technical Manager to join their successful team and manage a group of intelligent and creative engineers. In this role you will be responsible for organizing and providing technical leadership to a group of engineers and designers. You will balance managing and mentoring the team as well as taking on design responsibilities as needed.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Provides technical guidance and direction for assigned individuals.
• Helps to define and monitor Product Development Process.
• Plans, assigns, and monitors projects and commitments.
• Accountable for maintaining departmental Engineering standards and tools.
• Provides input to leadership team on strategic direction for Engineering design and development.
• Coordinates development activity between the multiple Engineering groups.
• Provides primary input for performance reviews
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable State and Federal laws
• Interprets company policies to employees and enforces all safety regulations.
• Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department; may include budget development and control.
• Develops workforce planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected requirements. Includes the scheduling of overtime and cost/effective use of temporary services.
• Implements cross-training activities and plans for employees under his/her direction with specific attention toward the development of a highly flexible workforce.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work-related problems.
• Works with the business development team to help drive new product development and business opportunities.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Engineering Design and Development.
• Solid understanding of automation equipment including servo motors, controls, mechanical assemblies, etc.
• Experience in SolidWorks, document control system implementation and engineering workflow practices
• Solid understanding of LEAN/Six Sigma practices
• Familiarity with ISO9001, AS9100
• Prior experience managing a small team of Engineers
• Minimum two years of leadership experience or team mentorship
• Valid passport and ability to travel periodically