Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our busy client is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their growing team. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the engineering and assembly and test department and will coordinate with engineers, designers and technicians to ensure all projects are meeting technical goals and are completed on time. In this role you will accept project responsibility and organize projects to meet customer specifications and delivery constraints by using Microsoft Project to maintain schedules and conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
To be successful you should have a strong knowledge of ASME codes and will identify and organize the code required NDE inspections on ASME section VIII pressure vessels and manufacturing proceeds. You should be able to write purchase specifications for ASME components and negotiate technical and commercial issues with suppliers as well as define stress analysis and fatigue and fracture mechanics analysis of pressure vessels in accordance with ASME codes.
Specific Responsibilities will Include:
• Develop and manage staff training and review staff performance for engineers, designers, and technicians.
• Provide expertise to direct and plan engineering design and implementation, maintenance, documentation, and to help in cost reduction where applicable, as well as troubleshoot existing or potential problems.
• Maintain metrics of department performance and focuses on continual improvement.
• Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Oversee design, assembly and testing quality control issues as well as root cause analysis and corrective action
• Assist purchasing in defining scope and details for contracts to vendors as well as research new vendors for availability of parts and materials as well as to organize and coordinate deliveries.
• Review drawings and drawing layouts in Autodesk Inventor for accuracy based on system needs.
• Develop drawings of geometric models to be used for FEA analysis and work with FEA suppliers to generate stress results.
• Perform other analysis using hand calculations or other methods or other appropriate means to analyze any other mechanical systems as necessary.
• Consolidate results into Code stress requirements in a formal report using MathCAD or similar software.
• Perform heat transfer analysis on heat shields, pressure vessels, heating and cooling systems etc. for company products. Heat transfer modeling and simulation.
• Perform thermodynamic analysis of various processes associated with company products.
• Assist designers in sizing of components to meet design parameters.
• Assist Marketing in sales efforts, customer relations, and provide input for developing job budgets.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related
• 3-5 years of hands-on management experience
• Demonstrated ability to take a lead role in directing members of a technical work group.
• Strong knowledge of stress analysis and fatigue and fracture mechanics analysis.
• Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor knowledge required.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills required.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Strong mechanical, analytical, and technical skills