Facilities Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Facilities Technician to join their team south of Boston, MA. In this role you will troubleshoot and repair various mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic production equipment. Maintain plant facilities and production equipment in serviceable and efficient operating conditions as assigned by the supervisor.
Facilities Technician responsibilities will include:
• Troubleshoot and perform a variety of complex corrective maintenance mechanical repairs on plant facilities and manufacturing equipment.
• Perform regular mechanical preventive maintenance tasks on plant facilities and manufacturing equipment as defined by the electronic preventive maintenance database.
• Coordinate any corrective or preventive mechanical maintenance repairs normally performed by outside contractors, if necessary.
• Complete electronic purchases of supplies necessary to complete maintenance tasks using vendor base set up by purchasing department.
• Attend daily meetings at the Maintenance Department’s activity board in order to coordinate timely maintenance response to shop floor issues. Communication with shop floor supervision is a requirement of this activity.
• Maintain necessary maintenance records and forward all corrective or preventive maintenance service records to the facilities manager for proper storage.
• If necessary, assist with periodic scrap metal pick-ups from manufacturing areas and coordinate transfer and shipment to local scrap metal recycler.
• If necessary, assist with clearing and de-icing walkways in winter months in order to provide safe access to facility.
Facilities Technician background profile:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years experience