Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a major contributor to their industry, is seeking a Firmware Engineer to join their growing team. In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of embedded software that runs on low power sensors and measurement devices. The current product line is expanding so now is a great time to join the team, where responsibilities will include working with wireless communication and modular sensors as well as working on commercial and research projects.
This position will provide you with an opportunity for growth within firmware and also, if desired, hardware and project management. Please consider applying for this role if you meet these requirements and are a degreed engineer with a background in electrical or computer science. This role requires US citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Background profile for the Firmware Engineer:
• 10+ years firmware or embedded software experience
• Software design and architecture experience. C is highly preferred, C++ and similar languages are also acceptable
• Interest in project management
• Experience with microcontrollers and direct access to peripherals.
• Ability to read schematics and circuit diagrams
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Highly Preferred for the Firmware Engineer:
• Proficiency in Python
• Use of revision control software, particularly Git
• Experience designing low power data acquisition systems
• Some project management experience, particularly managing cross functional teams
Preferred Skills for the Firmware Engineer:
• Experience working with Amazon’s cloud architecture
• Advanced object-oriented and software architecture skills
• Standard and lower-power radio protocols
• Knowledge of TCP/IP client/server applications
• Familiarity with simulation tools
• Schematic capture and PCB layout
• Experience with smart materials such as piezoelectric actuators or piezo sensors
• Low power hardware design