Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, the global leader in their industry, is seeking an Industrial Engineer to assist in improving their production capabilities. Working collaboratively with Product & Development Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, this engineer will be evaluating new product requirements and conducting statistical/quantitative analysis to determine estimated labor content and production rates, material and operational workflows to meet working capital and operating profit objectives. They will plan and execute a variety of new process introduction and improvement initiatives. They will be tasked with making recommendations for improvements to manufacturing plant layouts, equipment location changes, work methods, and workstation designs to forward the company’s goals.
Responsibilities will include:
• Monitor existing production line throughput, identify bottlenecks, and develop and implement solutions to increase throughput and reduce direct labor costs.
• Responsible for analyzing manufacturing requirements to determine appropriate equipment layouts, methods and systems that will provide capabilities for required projects or workloads.
• Conduct studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
• Analyze existing industrial engineering techniques and develop recommendations for changes to working methods that will minimize costs, and time taken; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final products.
• Perform project-based and on-going review to determine appropriate staging areas for each department / assembly line to optimize manufacturing material flow and work-in-process handling.
• BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong computer proficiency