Lead Product Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is a fast-paced startup using new materials and processes along with additive manufacturing technology to give rise to the next generation aircraft parts. Long term benefits of their products include reduced greenhouse gas emissions for the aviation sector.
They are looking for a Lead Product Engineer to assume a key role on the Engineering team. In this role you will work with customers to assist with technical specifications, internal engineering to improve yield, participate in RCAs and manage NPI and with Operations to support throughput needs of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with cross-functional teams to drive change in product and cost roadmap through management and execution of technical projects
• Identify key drivers that influence product roadmap; prioritize and execute technical projects
• Gather information from internal and external stakeholders to inform definition of existing [and potentially future] product roadmap
• Execute analyses at the interface of technical & financial considerations & work with top management on program plans and priorities
• Support ongoing evaluations of product positioning
• Interface directly with customers to influence strategic technical decisions across programs to increase company speed to market
• B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Experience as a Product, Applications or Tooling Engineer within an AS9100 environment, ideally with turbine airfoil design, ceramic or composite parts or molds or with casting processes
• Experience in project management related to new product development or introduction (NPD or NPI).
• Proficient in 3D modeling, preferably Siemens NX but similar tools such as Solidworks, Catia or Creo are acceptable.
• Experience with PLM software, versioning history, ECOs, GD&T, and design controls
• Proven success in statistical analysis to identify process and product variations with complex and highly variable process parameters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across engineering, operations and commercial disciplines
• Expert knowledge in tooling design for highly engineered, injection-molded ceramic component manufacture
• Experience with part qualification processes (ideally large turbine parts experience from an engine OEM or from an OEM supplier)