Lead Systems Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer who will participate in the systems development efforts, consisting of designing, building, and testing alternative power systems/engines. This role will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques to solve complex system-engineering problems.
This role will serve as leader by example of a systems-driven engineering design process; Shows the value in documentation of test cases and their traceability to their corresponding requirements.
The Lead Systems Engineer serves as resource in guiding other design experts (controls, mechanical, electrical) to draft their own requirements while considering the needs of interfacing subsystems.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop product, subsystem, software, and component requirements based on customer specifications and/or our client’s technology vision
• Develop and implement system functionality concepts informed by product requirements, system modeling, and exploratory test campaign activities
• Design system process flow diagrams P&IDs, interface control diagrams, lead hazard and reliability analysis activities
• Lead development and mentor engineers in the execution and documentation of design verification plan and record for fuel cell based power systems.
• Management of test engineering progress and feedback to ensure valid test protocols. Design reviews, engineering specifications
• Participate in and support system prototyping efforts
• BS, relevant Engineering discipline
• 5+ years relevant experience system/process engineering
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of power generating technologies such as fuel cells, engines or turbines.
• Interdisciplinary experience in controls, electrical, software, and project management.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer applications in a Windows-based environment required.
• Experience with data handling software packages such as MS Excel, requirements management software such as DOORS, Polarion.
• Understanding of functional safety in automotive and industrial environments
• Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment with multiple and changing priorities.