Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is enabling production of complex designs by combining additive manufacturing with advanced materials. They are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. Their technology is uniquely suited to increase the efficiency of complex manufacturing processes as well as advance engineering design capabilities. In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly talented team to solve problems in one of the world’s most complex engineering sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
• Evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes by designing and applying continuous improvement methods; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Assess company needs and implement solutions including specification, purchase and qualification of new equipment, new manufacturing processes, and scale up of existing processes.
• Design and coordinate manufacture of fixtures, jigs, equipment and integrate into other processes
• Apply statistical analysis, Six Sigma & Lean problem solving techniques to reduce or eliminate scrap, pain points and rework.
• Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Educate, train, and supervise new employees on manufacturing and lean processes
• Review and manage planning timelines for new projects and initiatives
• Work with cross-functional engineering teams to assist with design and implementation of printer modifications, assemblies, automated processes, etc.
• Perform all other duties as per the company’s needs and requirements.
• BS or MS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and 5-8 years’ experience in manufacturing/design environment
• Experience purchasing and qualifying manufacturing equipment
• Experience and proficiency in applying statistical analysis in a manufacturing environment to solve problems and using SPC or LEAN Six Sigma to drive continuous improvement
• Experience reading technical drawings, proficiency in GD&T & completing technical writing
• Proficiency in Siemens NX or OnShape CAD software preferred