Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our growing client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to lead the implementation of World Class Lean Manufacturing Processes, Systems and Equipment, focusing on continuous safety, quality, and throughput improvements throughout the product Value Stream, and serve as a key contributor representing Manufacturing in New Product Development efforts.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support production capacity growth through scale up and expansion of Manufacturing at domestic and international sites, including implementation of automated equipment.
• Drive DFM/DFA activities for New Products and provide expertise in the use of both low and high volume manufacturing techniques and their implementation into designs.
• Design and implement flexible assembly line solutions for electromechanical products.
• Optimize production quality and throughput by establishing and maintaining the following tools: Value Stream Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, Cell Layout, Process Automation, SOPs – build and test, and performance metrics on existing products and Lean Manufacturing and DFT.
• Lead the resolution of daily production, test, and field assembly related incidents and act as the technical liaison between design, assembly, test, and supply chain.
• Create and/or verify data between and within data management systems (SPC, DMR, Agile, etc.) and ensure scope of ECO / MCO (Manufacturing Change Order) is correctly executed.
• BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering required
• 3 – 10 years of relevant industry experience
• 2 – 5 years supporting Factory Automation and in the application of Lean Manufacturing tools
Special skills, experience and abilities:
• Demonstrated successes in leading teams and large scale projects to drive process improvements for quality improvement or cycle time reduction
• Manufacturing process development and validation, including establishment of quality requirements
• Electromechanical Product Development within a structured Phase Gate system
• Creation and optimization of product test procedures
• Experience specifying and / or supporting automated assembly equipment strongly desired
• Ability to implement and train others in use of DFT or other Lean tools
• Experience in 8D, 6 Sigma, or other standard problem solving methodologies
• Comprehensive understanding of Manufacturing documentation and ISO 9000 requirements
• Proficient in configuration management and product structures including BOM
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Visio
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
• Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the company