Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join their growing team. The selected candidate will be responsible for directing all engineering activities and will take ownership of all electromechanical and electronics manufacturing processes in a high mix, low volume environment. Their role will include the generation and maintenance of process instructions, the generation and maintenance of assembly fixtures and the establishment of achievable process time standards all while ensuring that manufacturing meets IPC Standards. Experience working effectively to ISO 9001, and experience in either AS9100 and ISO 13485 desired. In this role the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is expected to have strong leadership abilities and take a hands on approach while training others.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Provide technical support to production and inspection as well as lead the resolution on all manufacturing technical issues.
• Develop strong positive relationships with technical client counterparts to ensure timely and effective solutions to all issues as well as develop processes to pro-actively manufacture their product.
• Supervise the activities of all areas of engineering from initial review for quotation through assembly.
• Involved in the company audits, customer audits and third party certifications as well as provide technical leadership and guidance to the engineering team.
• Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance as well as cost saving programs.
• Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs.
• Spearhead all process development, improvement and engineering related activities; initiate innovative ways for continuous improvement.
• Support requirement or engineering activities such as Risk Management, Configuration management; ISO documentation and other related systems / processes with the aim of ensuring integration and coherence.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering preferred.
• Greater than 2 years in an engineering leadership position preferably in contract manufacturing.
• Proven track record of problem-solving using LEAN/Six Sigma methods, green belt or greater certification preferred.
• Proven track record of employee development and leadership.
• Experience working in an ERP scheduled environment considered highly beneficial.