Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our innovative and growing client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join their successful team. This is a business critical role providing leadership & direction to Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing & Automation/Test Engineering in harmony with product development and production objectives. Owner for BOM and changing implementation, factory DFT process, manual & robotic manufacturing/test equipment and technology/process development roadmap for our client’s core products. Highly visible leader with the objective of having a highly trained, flexible and professional workforce in support of and achievement of the company’s goals, short term forecasts, balanced score card and Corporate Mission Statement.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for developing and implement strategies to ensure the long-term success of assigned products/facilities to achieve company objectives reducing product cost, product lead times and achieving best in class quality standards
• Responsible for performance against plan of capital projects.
• Responsible for project planning and control tools to effective execution and seamless implementations.
• Lead process validation methods, tools, strategies and controls within manufacturing to support high quality, scalable and repeatable processes. Maintain policies and training to support.
• Provide clear direction on new product introduction / product launch activities in support of our client’s product roadmap. Direct and facilitate departmental activities on all associated major projects through the year.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Manufacturing Engineering & maintenance departments, improving safety, layout, processes, quality, costs, productivity, etc. Instill product/process ownership and accountability within production support activities as related to these daily activities and drive/establish associated metrics.
• Drive DFT standards locally and provide plans and expertise for transplanting methods to our sites as required. Facilitate improvements without impacting production performance. Identify and provide required training for all employees.
• Maintain production equipment and company assets in line with Company policy, State and Federal Regulations.
• Maintain good employee relations and morale by good communications via purposeful and deliberate collaboration methods, systems and tools as well as individual coaching.
• BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical degree required. MS in Engineering, Management, IT or equivalent technical degree preferred.
• PMP certification desired.
• 7 – 10 years of relevant industry experience
• Strong leadership/motivation skills to effectively lead different people with different abilities and character traits.
• Demonstrated successes in leading teams, new product introduction and transition to production as well as large scale projects driving significant process transformation and performance improvement results.
• Proven leader for equipment / process validation, with a strong grasp of IQ/OQ/PQ concepts ideal.
• Ability to plan and execute capital budgets, PARs and negotiations.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing documentation and ISO 9000 requirements. Understanding of EHS laws and requirements. Understanding of OHSA and EPA laws and requirements.
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal with a strong attention to detail and ability to create decision prompting presentations for senior leadership.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Solid Works, Agile E6, ProE, and Visio desired.