Manufacturing / Industrial Engineer – RF / Electrical
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking an Engineer to focus on the testing and assembly of microwave products leveraging their skills to improve production throughput, quality, repeatability, and efficiency. They will be responsibility for maturing designs and provide technical assistance to Production and Operations supervisors.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide direct hands-on technical support on the production floor.
• Responsible for training, cross-training and certifications, utilizing the production cross-training matrix tool, for assembly techs and other potential production personnel.
• Assists all Assembly Technicians to mature product, process, and testing capabilities.
• Assists with new or problematic assemblies on the production floor requiring high level technical assistance.
• Compile data of all types to rapidly mature new or problematic assemblies.
• Works as the main conduit with Mechanical and Electrical design engineers and makes regular suggestions for mechanical or electrical modifications to rapidly mature new design for producibility.
• Contributes to engineering new job kick off process.
• Writes Production testing data sheets, and product process routers and field return Failure Analysis documentation.
• Knowledgeable of Microwave assembly tooling, fixturing and techniques and will design needed fixturing to improve producibility and efficiency.
• Document complex processes involved with assembly and testing.
• Performs key electrical function on Materials Review Board (MRB).
• Proficient with and capable of operating all RF & Fiber Optic test equipment.
• Sets up Automated testing lines (ATE w/ Matlab desirable)
• Contributes to the Lean Continuous Improvement process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent focused experience in RF/microwave product development. Client may consider a non-degreed candidate with ~10 yrs related experience in the RF passive microwave testing and assembly role.
• RF passive microwave component testing and assembly supervisor experience (Desirable, not required)
• Must have good dexterity with hands.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good knowledge of geometric tolerancing.
• Knowledge of all in-process assembly and testing procedures.
• Experience with all modern RF Network analyzers and Fiber Optic test equipment.
• Experience with CST analytical tools. (Desirable, not required)
• Advanced mathematical and computation aptitude required.
• Must be able to recognize microwave product deficiencies and troubleshoot to resolution.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have advanced problem-solving skills.
• Must be a Citizen or Legal Resident due to the nature of the products produced.