Marine Electrical Designer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well-established and growing client is seeking an Electrical Designer with marine experience to join their team. In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Design drawing development, material/parts specifications, engineering calculations, engineering reports and feasibility studies.
• Perform shipboard surveys.
• Interface with customers and vendors.
• Recent experience and knowledge of the engineering or design aspects of the ship modernization process including ship surveys, design, material requirements, specifications, and material procurement sources.
• Minimum Three years of experience in the marine electrical industry required.
• Thorough knowledge of ship electrical systems.
• Knowledge of Ungrounded Electrical Systems, Power Generation and Distribution Systems, Ships Propulsion Electrical Systems, Steering Systems, Lighting Systems, Internal Communication Systems, Alarm Systems and US Naval and Commercial Marine Specifications.
• Knowledge of electrical load analysis and fault current analysis.
• Knowledge of Maritime Regulations (ABS, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, etc.)
• Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite.
• US Citizen