Mechanical Engineer – Full Lifecycle Product Design
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a seasoned Mechanical Engineer for their office northwest of Boston, MA. The ideal engineer will enjoy the full lifecycle of product design from high level concept generation to DFM, sustaining efforts and guiding the next generation of talent toward good engineering and documentation practices. They manufacture on site, and work closely with the engineers on the floor to produce high quality, pressurized special use systems. The successful engineer will have a broad engineering background, experience with weldments and metal part design and strong CAD skills. They will play a critical role in taking a design from inception to deployment and will be responsible for much of the execution and related communication and collaboration including developing PLM and PDM standards.
• Use SolidWorks to develop designs, 3D models and design analysis of parts and assemblies
• Work with in house manufacturing and external vendors to create and test prototypes & coordinate cut-in of new designs
• Partner with relevant parties (manufacturing, field service, purchasing) to ensure designs are optimized for manufacturability, functionality, reliability, cost, availability, and safety
• Participate in and lead, mechanical design reviews as needed
• Create necessary technical documentation to support transfer to production ie. drawings, BOMs, assembly/installation instructions, product manuals, etc.
• Use knowledge of various manufacturing methods, engineering practices and materials to complete designs within specification
• Investigate product manufacturing and performance issues in support of ECN’s, CAPA’s & NCR’s
• Participate in continuous improvement activities to help bring the engineering department, manufacturing processes and the company as a whole to the next level
• Mentor fellow engineers as needed to create shared knowledge and teach best practices
• BSME and 8-10 years minimum of relevant work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with metal
• Experience engineering new mechanical designs and successfully deploying them
• Expert in SolidWorks 2018 or later and PDM Standard
• Expert with drafting, drawing & document control standards
• Fluency with detailing machined components, weldments and sheet metal assemblies
• Familiar with working within an ISO environment. Additional experience in a more regulated process environment such as FDA or Aerospace, beneficial
• Be mechanically inclined and have a strong mechanical aptitude
• Have an eagerness to learn and be a reliable team player
• Be very organized and have great communication skills