Mechanical Lab Technician
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well-established client is seeking a Mechanical Lab Technician to join their successful team. In this role you will be working in the R&D engineering department assembling, operating, troubleshooting, testing and experimenting with gas and diesel engines and generators. If you have strong, solid work ethic, mechanical and diagnostic skills & abilities, a desire to take on challenges and are a true team player dedicated to exceptional workmanship, this position may be for you.
• Applicant must have mechanical aptitude to utilize hand tools and basic electric tools with no supervision.
• Excellent experience is to have worked as an automotive, light truck, generator or marine mechanic.
• Applicant must have working knowledge of gasoline (primarily) and also diesel engines including fuel injection systems, ignition systems, sensors, wiring, etc.
• Applicant must be able to interpret electrical diagrams, wiring schematics and engineering drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies.
• Applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to generate detailed technical notes and document his/her work.
• Ability to sit, kneel, stand, bend, squat, twist, and work with arms raised, and lift up to 50 lbs
• Applicant must have mathematical skills to compute basic volts/amps/power calculations, metric and standard unit conversion, etc.
• Applicants must also have a complete set of hand tools.
• Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, great attitude and be able to work independently with minimal direction
• Must be computer literate and experienced with standard Microsoft Windows software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to fluently read, write and speak the English language.
• High School Diploma and at least some post-high school education OR 5-10+ years relevant job experience.
• Associates Degree or higher preferred but not required with the right skill set and experience.
The following skills are a plus:
• Experience testing, troubleshooting and wiring A/C generators
• Light fabrication experience – welding, lathe/milling experience
• Basic electronics experience like DVOM meter and oscilloscope use, soldering, breadboarding, etc.
• Familiarity with data acquisition devices like thermocouples, pressure sensors, flow meters
• LabVIEW operation and/or programming experience.
• Visual Basic programming experience
• Familiarity with engine dynamometer operation and calibration
• Familiarity with emissions measurement equipment operation and calibration