Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client located west of Worcester, MA is seeking a Plant Chemist to join their growing team! In this role, the Plant Chemist will be responsible for the optimization of mixing, processing and molding materials specific to the rubber and polymer industry. They will be an influential member of the manufacturing and quality team while assisting in general day to day problem solving and resolutions as well as the testing of raw materials. The Plant Chemist will also support new applications and improvements regarding materials and the manufacturing process. Additional responsibilities will include developing and improving compounds to meet customer specifications and practicing Lean principles that will reduce seconds, scrap and the cost of products while driving continuous improvement. Our client offers a fun, flexible environment with great benefits and bonus program. If you are a degreed professional with a background in chemistry, material science, rubbers or plastics, please consider applying for this exciting opportunity.
Plant Chemist responsibilities will include:
• Communicate with team members to evaluate projects, establish schedules for completion, and provide updates to the Operations Team.
• Review and approve supplier generated Certificates of Analysis.
• Work with suppliers to evaluate new products that have the potential to improve processing, enhance properties and/or reduce costs.
• Communicate and work with other company facilities and their customers.
• Participate in teams to investigate, purchase and commercialize new equipment and processes.