Principal Mechanical Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our client, which is using innovative technology in the medical industry, is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their growing company. In this role, the Principal Mechanical Engineer will focus on engineering project leadership, large articulating mechanism design, optimization and analysis, assembly level structural Finite Element Analysis as well as thermal cooling calculations and large gear drive systems.
To be successful, candidates must possess at least a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering and have experience in designing complex mechanisms, have produced electromechanical designs, used Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on large complex capital equipment structures and have worked with thermal analysis tools, and cooling calculations (CFD).
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for leading teams for in-house development projects and for leading outside development subcontractor teams.
• Work with the Engineering and Physics teams to refine the mechanical system, subsystem, and component-level technical architecture needed to meet user, regulatory, and system-level requirements and to ensure that the top-level requirements are properly flowed into each subsystem and component-level specifications.
• Responsible for working with the rest of the organization to produce a set of test plans, test protocols, and support tooling which demonstrate that the products meet all requirements, specifications, and regulations.
• Responsible for leading the team in execution of these test protocols and in documenting the test results in formal test reports.
• Develop protocols and perform system and sub-system design verification and qualification testing.
• Prepare and document specifications; ensure designs meet requirements.
• Lead and mentor junior engineers.
• Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communications skills for work with physicists, engineers, vendors, client administrators, etc.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering; MSME preferred
• Candidate will possess a minimum of 15 years mechanical engineering experience and experience with 3D modeling and analysis tools.