Process Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Process Quality Engineer to join their successful team. This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of product and processes and will identify and implement quality improvements in manufacturing engine product Value Streams to ensure that product received by customers meets expectations. Will identify, analyze, and recommend corrective actions to resolve quality issues in the Value Streams. This position works closely with internal and external customers to assure accurate problem definition and appropriate corrective actions are taken to eliminate quality issues.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyze, plan and implement improvements of existing processes in a value stream(s). Support justification for improvement; implement improvements through process or equipment changes. Present information to Leadership Team as needed.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing to analyze equipment / process issues to identify and resolve process / product issues.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to develop and improve processes as well as validate equipment.
• Provide input for the internal quality process, including inspection, calibration, and MRB processes.
• Monitor purchased part quality in collaboration with the internal assigned supplier Quality Engineer and Global SQE department. Support the SQE personnel for new supplier parts through the PPAP process.
• Analyze needs and develop training processes for shop floor personnel. Analyze and implement solutions to production quality issues.
• Collaborate with Design Engineering to introduce new/ revised products in production.
• Support the BMS system through assigned activities such as internal audits, document control, and other BMS / ISO activities
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferred) or more than 10 yrs. equivalent experience in a similar manufacturing environment
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred.
• ASQ Quality Certification (e.g. CQE, CQA, CRE) preferred.
• 5-7 years in Quality field (or equivalent work experience in similar manufacturing environment)
• Minimum three years in manufacturing and product knowledge in a similar manufacturing environment
• Broad Technical understanding of electromechanical systems and components or similar complex part assemblies from another manufacturing industry
• Experience with leadership skills
• Extensive “on the shop floor” experience in problem solving activity with related internal departments
• Formal training and/or experience with ISO standards
• Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the company
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
• SAP (or similar), statistical software (MiniTab, etc.)