Procurement Sourcing Specialist
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our growing client is seeking a Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join their successful team. In this role you will have an opportunity to work with the new product development team to bring great green energy related products to market. The role will have your hands in all aspects of purchasing and you will gain experience in commodities as well as project management. You’ll serve as primary liaison between NPD teams/programs and the supply chain team.
• Providing supply chain support for New Product Development (NPD) Projects.
• Serving as primary liaison between NPD and the supply chain team.
• In conjunction with Engineering and the Supply Chain group, facilitate sourcing new parts and qualifying new suppliers.
• Preparing and presenting RFQs for Prototype Tooling, Parts and Materials in support of validation and test activities.
• Creating and managing PO Requisitions for New Product Development Projects. Obtain, support and track NPD tooling and materials and support negotiations.
• Managing the business relationship between our client and prototype & tooling suppliers assuring conformance to quality, delivery and cost.
• Obtain production quotes from suppliers for assigned NPD project parts and prepare quote analyses per request.
• Assisting commodity leaders and procurement team with supplier onboarding, audits and evaluation.
• Managing sourcing and supplier relationships for commodities (e.g., pumps, hardware and other consumables) as assigned.
• Supporting continuous improvement, safety and quality initiatives.
• Manage, track and report part changes, obsolescence and costing for engineering changes and part additions / subtractions.
• Providing data analysis and visualization support to Procurement Manager in support of creating and maintaining supply chain metrics dashboard and visual control boards.
• BS in Business or Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
• ~2+ years’ experience working in manufacturing environments in a supply chain related role required.
• Procurement experience with participation in new product introductions desired.
• Broad Business and Commercial Knowledge:
– Business and Corporate Strategy concepts / knowledge
– Financial analysis and Accounting
– Total Cost Management experience
• Superior communication skills.
• Experience with common ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project applications.
• Data analysis, visualization tools experience a plus.
• Proactive professional communication both with the supplier and within our client to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
• Clear, well communicated products (reports, analysis, spreadsheets, documents, RFQ’s, etc.) delivered on time.
• May include travel up to 20% (New England)