Product Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our innovative client is seeking a Quality Engineer with a Zero – Defect mindset to become a key member of their growing team. In this role, the Quality Engineer will work closely with internal departments as well as Senior Management to address any and all quality concerns related to certifying product quality.
The selected candidate will use the Quality Management System to drive compliance and ensure conformance of products. They will also work closely with the Quality Manager to develop and implement quality policies and procedures that will impact the quality of the product and seek opportunities to eliminate issues and their causes. They will work with the QC inspection team on inspection techniques and methods.
If you are a driven, hands-on Quality Engineer who is very detail oriented and has great communications skills please consider applying for this great opportunity.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identify and drive continuous improvement activities in support of product Quality and the quality management system using a variety of techniques including Six Sigma methodology.
• Produce and implement proper controls, operator instructions and quality tools used to verify customer’s products at all phases within our process.
• Responsible for documenting/implementing sampling plans/techniques in support of product inspections.
• Initiate product nonconformance investigations by utilizing techniques and methods to determine root causes followed by implementing corrective and preventive actions. Confirm and execute CARs that are effective in addressing the verification and validation of plans for complete closure.
• Preparation of investigative reports, failure analysis reports and First Article inspection reports in response to customer returns, complaints, MRB activity and QMS requirements, etc.
• Participate in MRB reviews and work cross-functionally for changes
• Utilize Minitab and other SPC methods and tools to collect, summarize, analyze, interpret and communicate process capability and performance.
• Perform audits as to meeting Quality System requirements, preferably to AS9100 and/or ISO 13485.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field desired and experience with SPC, ISO 9001, AS9100 and 13485 system requirements is desired
• Proven track record of project management success
• Experience utilizing FMEA, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, PPAPs, inspection criteria.
• Possess metrology skills with handheld measuring tools and CMM
• A background in plastics and working in a regulated environment is ideal but not required.