Production / Materials Planner
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our market-leading and growing client is seeking a Production / Materials Planner to join their successful team. In this role you will plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle. Primary responsibilities include the planning, coordination and efficient movement of materials with purchasing, manufacturing operations, and engineering while demonstrating highly effective inventory control methodologies. You will work on a wide variety of complex planning activities to determine material requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyze production requirements and plant capacity data and perform calculations to determine manufacturing process, tools, and human resource requirements.
• Ensure management of inventory levels to meet customer demands and Company inventory targets.
• Adjust schedules to satisfy changes in customers’ requirements.
• Plan and schedule work flow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times. Revise schedules to reflect current operating standards and technologies.
• Plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, and other manufacturing operations for direction of production workers.
• Confer with department management leadership to determine status of assigned jobs. Expedite operations that delay and affect schedules resulting from unforeseen conditions.
• Prepare production reports. Generate requisitions to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
• Develop and update progress charts for use by Sales & Marketing and engineering personnel for their awareness of job progress and to inform customers of schedule changes.
• Disposition inventory resulting from Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s).
• Participate in production and business operations meetings and supply job status information pertaining to assigned jobs and their effect on monthly and quarterly sales forecasts.
• Participate in New Product Kick-Off Meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree along with a minimum of 3 to 5 year’s related experience.