Production Materials Planning Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our market-leading and growing client is seeking a Production Materials Planning Manager to join their dynamic team. In this role you will lead the development and implementation for processes and procedures to execute master production schedule and material requirements plan to effectively create and maintain efficient production schedules that meet customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory and leveraging our client’s ERP system.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ongoing leadership of Planning Team to ensure a high level of proficiency and development (including but not limited to recruitment, performance management, coaching, and talent development).
• Develop, implement and maintain an effective capacity and production planning process by balancing manufacturing /cost and inventory.
• Plan, coordinate, and facilitate the activities of planning team to schedule and ship company products to meet delivery dates and financial goals.
• Work with new product introduction (NPI) teams in setting up processes to launch products into general availability; manage the preparation, issuance, and expediting of program plans and schedules based on production requirements.
• Cross-functional department collaboration maintain the flow of required raw materials. Work closely with purchasing to expedite, reschedule materials shipments ensure flow of raw materials required for production while maintaining optimal inventory levels.
• Control various load factors to ensure maximum usage of available capacity involving employees, material, and equipment of each of the departments concerned.
• Set up complete breakdown cost estimates for weekly, monthly and quarterly availability of materials, etc., in order to meet future ship dates.
• Monitor schedules and ensure compliance. Issue periodic reports indicating compliance and/or variance.
• Troubleshoot issues affecting production schedules and take appropriate corrective action. Inform departments of shortages, slowdowns in delivery schedules, unusual job costs, and emergency requests.
• Develop and implement new and improved production control systems as needed/ Issue and update pertinent reports, conduct meeting on job status, delays, and scheduling problems.
• Aid in developing a deeper understanding of Oracle in order to make recommendations for enhancing use of our ERP system.
• BA/BS in Supply Chain related field preferred.
• 7 years related experience in production planning and inventory management in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Advanced proficiency with Oracle and Microsoft applications required
• APICS CPIM certification or equivalent desired
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and drive corrective actions
• Strong leadership skills, self-directed and the ability to make independent decisions
• Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI) processes