Project Design Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a global consumer products firm, is seeking a Project Design Engineer to be responsible for the overall engineering design and development of consumer products. The Project Design Engineer will use technical background and expertise to manage other resources to solve technical problems. This role requires working closely with Marketing, Quality, and Program Managers.
Responsibilities will include
• Explore, collect, and prove feasibility of new products. Develop concepts and convert concept to prototype.
• Conduct prototype management and testing
• Investigate, understand, and can leverage competitive designs
• Lead technical reviews and testing verifications. Develop and test systems and functions.
• Lead the design of plastic and metal components based upon product industrial design requirements
• Create technical documentation, including engineering product specifications, quality plans, FMEA’s, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four- year college or university
• 3+ years of experience in mechanical engineering
• Experience managing projects and conducting product design and development
• Medical device experience a plus
• Basic knowledge of injection molding and plastic design requirements
• Possess knowledge of motors, air/fluid handling, mechanisms, filters, IoT/smart tech
• Creo or other 3-D CAD design skills
• CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) experience preferred but not required
• Ability to lead engineering product development activities in all phases of the NPD process, including technical feasibility, prototyping, testing, designing, performance and feature validation & verification through pilot run and initial production
• Basic understanding of UL, ETL, CSA, and European compliance standards and other safety standards for related products
• Basic knowledge of FDA, ISO 13485, and DHF requirements for 510k exempt medical devices is a plus
• Working knowledge of small appliance manufacturing, preferably in Asia and/or Mexico
• Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide concise and accurate technical status and direction on projects.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must possess proactive attitude and be a self-starter in exploring new products and technologies
• Travel is required; domestic and international