Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a global consumer products firm, is seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for the overall engineering design and development of existing consumer products. The Project Engineer will use technical background and expertise to manage other resources in order to solve technical problems. This role requires working closely with Marketing and Program Managers.
Responsibilities will include
• Explore, collect and prove feasibility of changes to products. Develop concepts and convert concept to prototype.
• Conduct prototype management and testing
• Investigate, understand, and have the ability to leverage competitive designs
• Lead technical reviews and testing verifications. Develop and test systems and functions.
• Lead the design of plastic and metal components based upon product industrial design requirements
• Create technical documentation, including engineering product specifications, quality plans, FMEA’s, etc.
• Lead existing product activities, including upgrades, conversions, feature and function changes, quality improvements and cost reductions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
• 1+ years of experience managing projects, conducting product development and in mechanical or electrical engineering
• Requires strong mechanical and electrical design background.
• Knowledge of common consumer products and materials.
• Ability to lead product development activities in all phases of the NPD process, including technical feasibility, prototyping, testing, designing, and performance and feature validation and verification through pilot run and initial production
• Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must possess proactive attitude and be a self-starter in exploring new products and technologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide concise and accurate status and direction on projects
• Must have basic understanding of UL/ETL general requirements and Pro-E or other basic 3-D CAD design skills
• Knowledge of CSA, and European compliance standards and other safety standards for related products
• Limited travel is required; domestic and international