Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is an established firm specializing in the design, engineering and installation of environmentally controlled rooms for firms in various industries. They are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with Refrigeration and / or HVAC design expertise to handle design and fabrication stages for commercial projects including all facets of installation and commissioning of a structure (self-supporting insulated panels), refrigeration and humidity control equipment, refrigeration piping, ducting and electro-mechanical control.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities for the Project Engineer Include:
• Work with the internal Sales Engineering on assessing client needs
• Manage and coordinate design effort for Environmental Control rooms design to ensure compliance with specifications
• Perform thermal loads calculations
• Prepare refrigeration plans including pipe sizing, equipment selection and equipment layout
• Design / Modify Control Panels for the electro-mechanical equipment selected
• Manage project documentation and work closely with the Construction PM’s on each project
• Monitor addendums to the specifications and adjust design as required
• Complete final project engineering once a project has been won.
• This role includes material requisition, project buy out, and working collaboratively with the assigned Project Manager.
Background Profile for the Project Engineer:
1) Relevant Experience: A minimum of five years of professional experience in the field of Refrigeration or HVAC design.
Specific technical skills include hands-on experience of designing complete refrigeration systems with a refrigeration capacity range from 1 ton refrigeration capacity and larger, heat loads calculations, control panel design, understanding of major principles of airflow design, humidification, dehumidification methods and psycometric chart knowledge.
2) Diverse Engineering Background: This individual will need an all-around understanding of mechanical, electrical and control engineering. Some structural engineering experience would also be helpful.
3) Project Management: Must have the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, as this person should expect to manage five to eight projects in different stages of design and execution.
4) Educational Credentials: The right candidate will possess a Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited University.