Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our rapidly growing client is seeking a Project Manager who will report to the R&D Director and be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in new product development. This role will guide and track the R&D effort from idea conception to product commercialization.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate multiple engineering disciplines through all phases of the product development process. Collaborate with functional leads to plan and execute development projects including defining requirements, developing schedules, resource planning, product and project cost control, business case, risk management, adherence to the product specification and risk analysis. Facilitate project team meetings, track project progress identifying critical path, dependences, tasks and communicate project status regularly and as required.
• Provide guidance to technical leads on project management best practices.
• Develop detailed project and resource plans across multiple projects. Track project progress and identify risks.
• Coordinate with all company functions including Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, Quality, EHS, Tech Services and other support functions to ensure success of the projects.
• Promote, support, and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
• Minimum B.S. in a technical discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science preferred); advanced degree preferred.
• Experience in chemical R&D and/or energy storage.
• PMP or equivalent project management certification required.
• 10+ years of experience in the research and development of specialty chemicals and materials of which 5+ years of project management experience in a cross-functional role managing R&D projects is desired.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of software including fluency in MS Project/Smartsheet.
• Comprehensive knowledge of document control processes (Master Control, Agile or equivalent).
• Excellent understanding of stage-gate project management processes.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results within a collaborative team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Highly motivated individual who is driven by milestone adherence.
• Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, prioritization and project management abilities.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with staff.