Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client develops, manufactures and markets laboratory and production systems enabling their customers to develop innovative new products and to produce them more economically than ever before. They are a small organization looking for talented and motivated individuals as they grow.
They currently have an opening for a Purchasing Coordinator who will work with manufacturing where there is a constant need for buying supplies in order to keep production processes flowing. Critical to this position is to create and maintain meaningful liaison with vendors so as to assure constant procurement of supplies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Create and process purchase orders from request, reorder point or bill of material.
• Analyzes the need for parts and materials in the organization
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships
• Coordinate orders and returns with the production department and suppliers
• Ensure that the right parts/materials are available at the right time
• Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
• Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products
• Source for new parts, suppliers or sub-contractors when the need arises
• Quality inspection of incoming parts and assemblies
• Enter vendor bills
• Enter and maintain Bills of Material in inventory tracking software
• Work with engineering to ensure accuracy of Bills of Material in inventory tracking software
• Vocational training with relevant work experience or Associate degree or higher in Engineering or Finance related field
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Engineering environment
• Strong computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel required
• Procurement experience preferred
• Experience with QuickBooks preferred
• Experience with AutoCAD preferred
• Experience reading technical drawings preferred
• Demonstrated abilities in the following competencies are highly desirable: Purchasing Operations & Systems; Financial Policies; Guidelines & Procedures; Effective Negotiation; Priority Setting; Time Management