Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a world leader in their field, has an immediate opening for a Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
• All procurement including raw materials and other purchases (capital, services, supplies, etc.). This involves identifying new suppliers and negotiating price and terms with new and existing suppliers.
• Converting sales forecasts to requirements through our MRP system (Macola) .
• Supervising the activities of buyer/planners.
• Operating the purchasing function within the requirements of cGMP, ISO etc.
• Establishing and tracking metrics for supplier performance.
• Managing the importing function.
• Managing outbound logistics function.
• Purchasing is now a transactional function. Need to make it a strategic function.
• Identify cost savings opportunities looking holistically across supply chain. This could be driven by reductions in piece part costs, but also in making the supply chain leaner. Change is constant, and our client is sometimes overcommitted to suppliers on materials no longer needed.
• Move toward strategic partnerships with suppliers.
• In some cases, our client may need to cast a wider net looking for lower cost suppliers. In other situations there may be advantages associated with consolidating multiple materials with a smaller number of suppliers.
• 10 years in purchasing/materials management in a high-volume manufacturing environment. Experience procuring printed circuit boards, molded parts, castings, cables, packaging and printed materials is preferred.
• Experience with an MRP program.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong negotiation skills. Experience implementing supplier performance metrics.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience managing imports.
• Experience managing outbound logistics function.
• Bachelor’s degree. Engineering or Operations management is preferred, but other degrees will be considered.
• Medical device experience preferred, but not required.