Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our client is seeking a Quality Manager to be responsible for the overall quality of the company as it relates to the products & services offered as well as the manufacturing & production processes performed. Will be responsible for advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization. Will also be the management representative and ensure the company’s quality management system is fully implemented and efficient and complies with the requirements of AS9100 & ISO9000 standards.
Responsibilities will include:
• Monitor the effectiveness of, and oversee implementation of improvements to, the quality management system.
• Ensure department processes and equipment meet necessary standards, implement necessary changes/improvements to ensure continued compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring material is efficiently, accurately and thoroughly inspected and processed to meet business needs. Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of records.
• Supervise department employees. Plan and assign work of subordinates. Responsible for department staff: hiring, performance management, near term development needs, long term staffing plan, ensuring compliance to company policies & procedures.
• Act as primary customer interface for significant quality related issues/initiatives, including all warranty activity. Coordinate participation of other team members as appropriate.
• Oversee the accurate and timely collection of quality assurance data and reporting. Perform necessary analysis of information, lead investigations and work with other departments, customers and/or suppliers to implement solutions to quality issues. Ensure appropriate and effective corrective and preventive actions are documented and implemented.
• Review customer requirements and ensure they are met. Communicate these requirements within the company and through our supply chain.
• Develop and implement quality-related training programs for managers and employees.
• Participate in strategic planning and budgeting, and overseeing financial management of department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
• Minimum 5 years management/supervision experience
• Minimum 10 years hands-on quality experience in a formal quality position
• Minimum 10 years in a manufacturing environment operating AS9100 and/or ISO9000
• Knowledge and application of import/export regulations
• Familiarity with electronic tools such as D-Trade and SNAP-R
• Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
• Lean training, six sigma green belt or black belt is desired but not required
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Leadership skills: vision, initiative, collaboration, “road block” removal, motivation, executive presence.
• Management skills: planning, execution, organization, follow-up
• Risk management/mitigation skills.
• Strong professional writing, communications and presentation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, functional working knowledge of ERP system.
• Good understanding of e/m manufacturing operations and processes
• Interpret and resolve complex situations through formal root cause analysis
• Knowledge of wide variety of inspection and quality methods, techniques and equipment
• Interpret internal and external drawings, specifications, process and contract documents and ability to relate those requirements to executable tasks
• Good statistical and basic mathematical aptitude
• Comfortable communicating with employees at all levels of the company, as well as suppliers and customers.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Keen business sense with strong decision-making skills and ability to find creative business oriented solutions.
• US Citizenship required