Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is an established manufacturer, seeking an R&D Engineer to lead engineering initiatives related to product development and performance. In this role you will manage product design, testing and certification.
Responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the development of heat exchanging products in the areas of design, performance effectiveness testing and modeling, mechanical structural longevity, and development of new energy recovery products and enhancement to existing products.
• Design efforts include generating new design ideas and implementing improvements to existing designs for increased effectiveness performance, commonality of components, and material and labor cost savings.
• Support and maintain the product performance certified data base through in house lab testing and modeling. Manage a performance test lab and technician, and maintain an AHRI certified lab.
• Manage and control the company’s AHRI certified product selection software with an outside vendor. Provide customer support for the selection software to OEM users.
• Set up and perform various structural cycle testing to confirm longevity of prototype products
• Research and specify parameters and materials for various types of heat exchangers including rotary wheel and fixed plate in dehumidification applications.
• Support the specification and offering of a private label products.
• Maintain UL listings for complete product line. Manage UL inspections, testing and listing changes.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering beneficial
• 5+ years’ industry experience including experience/exposure to test development and project management
• Experience with heat exchange products or thermodynamics analysis desired
• Matlab skills desired