R&D Engineering Lead
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well established client is seeking an R&D Engineering Lead with automation knowledge who would like to lead a small team. In addition to team management and development responsibilities, the selected candidate will remain very hands on in product and process design working from conception through prototyping. The R&D Engineer will also lead the development and execution of our client’s automation and factory of the future strategy. To be successful in this role candidates must have the ability to assemble, test, and troubleshoot automated manufacturing equipment as well as use design tools, gauges, equipment and prototypes for new products. You will be tasked with working closely with customers to develop products to their unique specifications and also lead experiments in order to verify or resolve any product design issues.
• Experience in machine design, simple electrical design, and understanding of common manufacturing practices as well as experience with documentation systems; change orders, writing specs, quality systems and ISO requirements.
• Participate in design reviews to determine viability of new sales leads.
• Evaluate, document, and implement design or process equipment or tooling changes to improve performance, manufacturability, safety, and/or cost of existing products/processes.
• 5–10 years of demonstrated product/process development experience in an applicable engineering area.
• 2-5 years of demonstrated experience leading individuals or teams, including responsibility for employees’ personal and technical development, as well as disciplinary.
• Perform risk analysis using FMEA and well-considered design reviews.
• Proficient in SolidWorks primarily and/or Inventor and knowledge of drawing standards (geometric tolerancing, etc.).
• Experience in machine controls systems, PLC programming, machine automation methodology and machine vision systems as well as strong statistical analysis, experimental design (DOE) experience is highly desirable
• Ability to travel for business up to 5% when needed