RF / Electrical Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our rapidly growing client is seeking an RF / Electrical Engineer to translate functional specifications and product requirements to detailed electrical specifications. In this role you will provide electrical engineering design, engineering, and prototyping support throughout all stages of the product development process.
Responsibilities will include:
• Generate electrical schematics, specify components, and lay out printed circuit boards (PCBs).
• Validate electrical systems through analysis, simulation, and testing. Conduct failure mode analysis on electrical systems.
• Contribute to the development of detailed interface control documents.
• Develop work packages for PCB subcontractors. Support onsite supplier quality audits and interface with subcontractors as required.
• Lead or assist in troubleshooting products throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
• Communicate the status of assigned work including current progress, estimated time to completion, risks, and any required software, equipment, tools, etc. necessary to accomplish assigned work.
• Contribute to development and maintenance of statements of work, budgets, schedules, and risk assessments.
• Work with the Program, Verification and Validation team, and Cross Functional Engineering Teams on complex designs.
• Develop test procedures to support all phases of the product lifecycle.
• Contribute innovative ideas for product development and process improvement efforts.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. MSEE preferred.
• 5-10 years industry experience
• Must have a strong background in analog design for battery powered devices.
• Strong background in RF and Cellular communication with emphasis on IoT wearable products. Experience with multiple radios (CAT M1, GPS, Wi-Fi) in a compact application a must.
• Current market knowledge of modem modules and chipsets used in IoT devices.
• Must be proficient in schematic capture software, understanding of Altium a plus
• Able to adapt to modern software and work methodologies.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, power supplies, network analyzers and spectrum analyzers.
• Basic scripting and data processing plus