Senior Compliance Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Senior Compliance Engineer for their facility northwest of Boston, MA. This role will represent our client in relevant regulatory agencies and bodies, represent our client’s perspective and industry experience as codes and standards are created and amended. Maintain an expert level of familiarity with applicable industry standards and regulations, interpret and provide guidance to engineering on compliance requirements. Support our client’s engineering and design for product safety and standards compliance, including developing the safety and compliance test plan.
Senior Compliance Engineer Responsibilities include:
• Representing our client as the key point of contact for all certification agencies (CSA, UL, Notified Body for CE) during product assessments, audits, and inquiries
• Representing our client on standards development committees and meetings (NFPA, ICC, CGA, SAE, CSA, UL, ISO, IEC)
• Accountable for product certification, responsible for the compliance test plan and its execution, communicates product changes to certifying bodies.
• Responsible for representing product compliance in Change Control Board
• Hazard assessment (e.g. FMEA SWIFT) review team member and approver, providing a consistent and objective perspective across all products
• Accountable for safety and compliance evaluation of all product manuals
• Responsible for the product safety validation process.
Senior Compliance Engineer Background Profile:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline
• 7+ years of professional experience working with UL, CSA agencies and/or CE mark regulatory bodies
• Successful experience taking a product through certification marking of UL, CSA, or CE
Senior Compliance Engineer Special Skills, Experience and Abilities:
• Knowledge of hydrogen, fuel cell and industrial truck related codes and standards such as: NFPA 2, NFPA 505, UL 2267, UL 583, CSA FC1, ISO 16110, SAE J2601, CSA HGV 4.3, Directive 2006/42/EC, IEC 62282-2, ISO 13849-1, ISO 26262, UL 840 / EN 60950, GB/T 33978, GB/T 29838
• Self-starter, needing little direction and be able to implement business processes as they pertain to the compliance and product safety function