Senior Engineer, R&D
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our very well established, innovative client has an immediate need for a Senior Engineer to work in their R&D group. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a great team, focused on individual and company success, to develop new products and get them to the manufacturing process. The selected candidate will have strong project management skills and have the ability to lead multiple projects at once, while working cross functionally with various departments and groups. They will also be tasked with leading, designing and developing new testing methods and processes in addition to identifying any product defects and providing documentation to explain the impact the defect will have on the product. To be successful in this role, the engineer must be able to work closely with the customers, using and applying standard engineering procedures as well as techniques to make adjustments to the product based on feedback and also analyze data to identify trends, anticipate next steps and perform trade off analysis if necessary. If you meet these qualifications and like to work in a team focused environment this could be the opportunity to propel your career to the next level.
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements
• Accountable for the completion of assigned deliverables in accordance with approved schedules.
• Authors documentation and participates in activities in support of design control.
• Independently plans, performs & prioritizes tasks that are complex in nature, in alignment with corporate goals.
• Effectively communicates technical information to a multidisciplinary team in the form of documentation, presentations and technical summaries and promotes collaboration.
• Provides technical guidance to and/or supervision of other group members and cross-functional technical teams. Able to mentor others.
• Lead or provides technical support for Corrective Action Prevention Action (CAPA) or complaint investigations.
• Independently generates predictable schedules for activities related to assigned projects.
• Ensure compliance with company quality and safety policies, procedures, and practices as well as with all local, state, federal regulations.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in product development with an emphasis on various aspects of engineering design and development
• Plastics material knowledge.
• Experience guiding R&D projects through a stage gate process.
• Strong statistical analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Creative Problem Solving, and Critical Thinking skills.
• Significant Project Management experience tracking deliverables & timelines (experience with MS Project (Gantt Charts).
• Spanish language skills a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 20% (North and South America)