Senior Heat Pump Development Mechanical Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, the global leader in their industry, is seeking a Senior Heat Pump Development Mechanical Engineer to join their successful team. In this role you will be joining a project team with skills in design in low GWP heat pump technology, in-house control systems and electrical engineering development and lab testing. This is an excellent opportunity if you have at least 10 years of product development experience in refrigeration or vapor compression cycles, component sizes (compressors, evaporators, heat exchangers and control functionality), optimized sequence of operation and integration of large energy storage systems.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work hands-on with the heat pump project team members in a collaborative environment.
• Size and select mechanical components for our client’s expanding heat pump product portfolio for optimum performance.
• Be an active expert participant in the corporate heat pump projects team.
• Work with outside consultants to optimize equipment performance through modeling and simulations and guide project team.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to interpret and act on field product specifications to guide product development efforts.
• Develop test plans for the new designs in collaboration with the project team.
• Oversee and provide guidance in testing of heat pump prototypes and alpha samples in accordance with international standards.
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
• Refrigeration/ vapor compression experience – Have at least 10 years of in-depth knowledge of theory and practice in the expanding field if technology and work collaboratively with existing engineer team.
• Demonstrated ability to bring a development project from inception to completion working with outside stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, external reps) and internal stakeholders (Design, engineering and lab technicians) within a preset time frame and within budget.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, attention to detail, able and eager to learn new skills, able to apply concepts and skills to ongoing and new projects, able to work alone on projects with minimal supervision.
• Have detailed experience in set-up and troubleshooting of heat pump specific test instrumentation. Familiarity with data acquisition (DAQ) a plus.
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook) – able to create/edit/save documents, able to create graphs/charts and apply advanced statistical concepts to data.