Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our growing client is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to lead the implementation of World Class Lean Manufacturing Processes, Systems and Equipment, focusing on continuous safety, quality, and throughput improvements throughout the product Value Stream, and serve as a key contributor representing Manufacturing in New Product Development efforts.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support production capacity growth through scale up and expansion of Manufacturing at domestic and international sites, including implementation of automated equipment.
• Drive DFM/DFA activities for New Products and provide expertise in the use of both low and high volume manufacturing techniques and their implementation into designs.
• Design and implement flexible assembly line solutions for electromechanical products.
• BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering required
• 7 – 10 years of relevant industry experience
• 2 – 5 years in the development of Factory Automation and the development of automated processes.
Special skills, experience and abilities:
• Demonstrated successes in leading teams and large scale projects to drive process improvements including NPI introduction into existing automated manufacturing cells and design/integration of new processes/cells.
• Manufacturing process development and validation, including establishment of quality requirements
• Phase Gate Electromechanical Product Development experience desired
• Experience specifying and / or supporting the development of automated assembly equipment required
• Ability to implement and train others in use of DFT or other Lean tools
• Experience in 8D, 6 Sigma, or other standard problem solving methodologies
• Comprehensive understanding of Manufacturing documentation and ISO 9000 requirements
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Visio