Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our well-established client is seeking a senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production equipment and fixtures. In this role you will help eliminate waste and collect data to optimize manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform preventive and complex corrective maintenance of production equipment and fixtures.
• Specify components and complete PO requisitions for items needed to repair and maintain complex equipment.
• Write, modify and verify accuracy of manufacturing procedures for manufacturing engineer’s approval.
• Assist in selection of new capital equipment purchases and improvements to existing equipment.
• Assist in the design, assembly, soldering, wiring and debugging of electronic and electro-mechanical fixtures and equipment.
• Perform experiments of various equipment settings. Also, enter and document equipment settings for manufacturing engineer’s approval.
• Participate in improvement activities and events using established Kaizen methods.
• Perform time studies, suggest improvements to documentation and verify accuracy of routings.
• Apply Lean principles to suggest product and process improvements.
• Assist production personnel by providing technical or procedural guidance when necessary.
• Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO9001 throughout department activities.
• Maintain safe working environment by following company safety procedures.
• Electronics Associates Degree or two years of Technical School in a related discipline, is preferred.
• A thorough understanding of electromechanical and/or electronics manufacturing techniques gained through a 10+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Willingness to work in a team based environment and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
• Ability to use mathematics, complex drawings and various measuring instruments.
• Highly detailed knowledge with various types of production equipment and electronic and mechanical equipment troubleshooting skills.
• Moderate computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Demonstrate written, verbal and organizational skills.